We are committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring that your personal information is collected and used properly, lawfully, and transparently.
The Galix Group is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website or services, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. The Galix Group may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page regularly to ensure that you agree with any changes. This policy is effective from the 1st of July 2021.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title.
- Contact information including email address.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences, and interests.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
We collect information directly from you where you provide us with your personal details. Where possible, we will inform you what information you are required to provide to us and what information is optional.
Website usage information may be collected using “cookies” which allows us to collect standard internet visitor usage information.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes and statistical analysis. We may contact you by email SMS, Instant Message, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
- To confirm and verify your identity or to verify that you are an authorised user for audit, security, and record purposes.
- We may use the information for the detection and prevention of fraud, crime, money laundering or other malpractice.
- We may contact you in connection with legal proceedings.
Opt-in and Opt-out
We provide this facility in all our communications.
Disclosure of information
We may disclose your personal information to our service providers who are involved in the delivery of products or services to you. We have agreements in place to ensure that they comply with the privacy requirements as required by the Protection of Personal Information Act.
We may also disclose your information:
- Where we have a duty or a right to disclose in terms of law or industry codes.
- Where we believe it is necessary to protect our rights.
This information may be shared between our partner Group companies (Galix Networking, Galix Security Solutions, Galix Compliance, and Silver Moon IT).
We are legally obliged in ensuring that adequate protection is in place to keep the information that we hold secure and to stop unauthorized access and use of personal information. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We will, on an ongoing basis, continue to review our security controls and related processes to ensure that your personal information remains secure.
Our security policies and procedures cover:
- Physical security.
- Computer and network security.
- Access to personal information.
- Secure communications.
- Security in contracting out activities or functions.
- Retention and disposal of information.
- Acceptable usage of personal information.
- Governance and regulatory issues.
- Monitoring access and usage of private information.
- Investigating and reacting to security incidents.
When we contract with third parties, we impose appropriate security, privacy, and confidentiality obligations on them to ensure that personal information that we remain responsible for, is kept secure.
We will ensure that anyone to whom we pass your personal information agrees to treat your information with the same level of protection as we are obliged to.
A cookie is a small file that asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to Other Websites:
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest, however, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over any other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Definition of personal information
According to the PoPIA ‘‘Protection of Personal Information Act’’ means information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person. Further to the POPI Act, Galix also includes the following items as personal information:
- All addresses including residential, postal and email addresses.
- Change of name – for which we require copies of the marriage certificate or official change of name document issued by the state department.
Controlling Your Personal Information:
You have the right to ask us to update, correct or delete your personal information. We will require a copy of your ID document to confirm your identity before making changes to personal information we may hold about you. We would appreciate it if you would keep your personal information accurate.
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you.
and specify what information you require. We will need a copy of your ID document to confirm your identity before providing details of your personal information.
Please note that any such access requests may be subject to payment of a legally allowable fee.
We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish for this to happen.
How to contact us
If you have any queries about this notice; you need further information about our privacy practices; wish to withdraw consent; exercise preferences or access or correct your personal information, please contact us at POPIA@galix.com.